Junior Travel Ambassadors
Junior Travel Ambassadors (JTA) scheme is a programme designed for Year 6 pupils to take the lead in promoting safe, active and independent travel within our school community. This is a very important role, which helps children develop communication skills whilst making a valuable contribution to the school. It's a fun and engaging way to spread important messages and build skills for life.
What is the role of a JTA?
A JTA is responsible for promoting active travel, walking, cycling or scooting, and road safety. As a team within our school community the JTAs also promote independent travel to their peers as they prepare for the transition from primary to secondary school.
As part of the promotion, JTAs will have responsibilities for:
- Maintaining displays within school
- Promoting our termly competitions
- Devising our own school competitions
- Giving short talks in assemblies (when up and running again)
- Assisting with monitoring our school’s participation in Smart Movers
- Helping with Travel Plan tasks, such as collecting walking figures.
Our Junior Travel Ambassadors this year are Riley and Pavani.